"When you go to hide a cache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot.
If the only reason is for the cache, then find a better spot."
.... Briansnat

Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Surprise FTF

 I was caching in the Fort Wayne area while there for business.  I made a first visit ever to the town of Garrett and found a fun hide in a cacher's front yard.

I was really planning to visit Auburn for ice cream and a few caches, well mostly for ice cream.

Tasty Treats and  a toy Jeep to play in.

After the ice cream I headed to a nearby park.  There were a couple unfound caches there.  I found the first quickly than enjoyed a walk to the second hide.  I was surprised when I opened the cache and found a blank log book.

My first thought was owner maintenance.  Then I decided to check the phone for previous logs.  I was quite surprised to find this had been published two days earlier and was still unfound.  It's been an odd year for us with four previous FTF's.  One FTF in a year's caching is big for us.  Five is record setting.

The ducks were fun to see as well.



No comments: