"When you go to hide a cache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot.
If the only reason is for the cache, then find a better spot."
.... Briansnat

Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021

New, For Me, Puzzle

 A local hider placed puzzle caches based on the card game Sets.  I had not heard of the game and never seen the game played before.  I looked for information on YouTube and found a few videos.  They are informational, but they didn't really help me with solving these puzzles.  For my next step I looked for an on-line game.  I found the best way to learn with a daily on-line game.  I've even found all six sets in the daily game a few times.😂

With a much better idea of the game, I tried to find the best way to solve for the cache.  I finally decided on printing the twelve-piece puzzle cache "set".  I arranged six copies of the on-line "set" on a powerpoint page.


Once printed, I looked to identify a set from each group cutting out the three items making the set.  Once you have built six unique sets, you have a solution.


The individual tiles can now be grouped in like tiles which then provide information to easily complete the math portion of the puzzle.


I don't typically spend a long time on puzzle solutions.  The rest of my life's commitments don't allow me to work with puzzles that may take hours/days/weeks and yield no geocache solution.  With Sets puzzles, I can solve these in reasonable time and enjoy a fun find when I am in the area of the hide.  When we are allowed back in Pennsylvania, I look forward to placing one of these fun puzzle hides.


No comments: