"When you go to hide a cache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot.
If the only reason is for the cache, then find a better spot."
.... Briansnat

Pages

Sunday, July 06, 2014

Tungsten

Ali recently made a trip to our local Solid Waste Drop-off Center to drop-off a few electronic items for recycling including our 1995 Panasonic television. We bought it the first year the Cleveland Indians went to the World Series and it never brought home a winner so it was time to move on. While gathering items, I had put aside my old Palm Tungsten to send to the recyclers. We've been caching for ten years this month. The electronic toys used in the game have changed so much. At one time a Palm was one of the few ways to go "paperless". It made such a difference using the Palm with my first Garmin Etrex. The Etrex had a black and white screen with no maps, loaded 500 caches and needed a special cord to load. Together, the Etrex and the Palm cost about $300. The Palm was never made for life on the trail. Over the years, I damaged or lost three or four of these expensive units. Fast forward to 2011 when I switched to a Magellan GC. For $150, I was able to cache with a color screen, very good maps and load 10,000 geocaches with all the page information. :-)

Palm Tungsten

Yellow Etrex

Magellan GC

One thing hasn't changed, I still enjoy finding benchmarks. :-)

No comments: