"When you go to hide a cache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot.
If the only reason is for the cache, then find a better spot."
.... Briansnat

Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 10

I was caching solo with the dogs today since Ali was back at State College for the weekend. We grabbed a few caches on our way to a trail in Elk County. I was hoping for a long string of caches along an area where we could walk. The Doctor's Orders trail wasn't it. I didn't realize there was a popular atv trail at the end of the national forest road. Today must have been one of the busiest of the season with a steady stream of fast moving pick-ups towing atv's on trailers. I was still okay with those when I saw my first fracking truck. It was huge and it wasn't moving slowly. By the time we had grabbed a few caches along this forest road, we had been passed by four Fracking trucks and I decided to give up caching for the afternoon. We had fun crawling around on the rocks for this hide.

No comments: