"When you go to hide a cache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot.
If the only reason is for the cache, then find a better spot."
.... Briansnat

Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Knowing Your Limits I

I really enjoy Thompson Ledges. It's a hidden gem in Northeast Ohio. Whenever a new cache is placed there, it's great to go back for a visit. There were two new caches in the park so we drove over to hunt them both. The first was at the top of a rock formation. We climbed different ends of the rock formation and met at near the cache. The second cache inspired this post and the title. I used to be fearless. For some reason, today seemed a turning point. The cache is at the top of a rock ledge about 40 feet up. I got about halfway up and realized the safety zone was less and less. For some reason I had visions of falling and getting smashed on the rocks. I tried approaching from three other points and couldn't get closer. In the end, that was it for this cache. The funny thing is when I was trying to reach the top I was more interested in getting there with my camera so I could take a few shots from the top. Maybe we'll go back in the spring. Maybe next time I'll wear my biking helmet.

Anyone else have a cache where you knew you reached your limit?






No comments: