"When you go to hide a cache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot.
If the only reason is for the cache, then find a better spot."
.... Briansnat

Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ho Ho Ho

I made an emergency stop at a certain unloved retail store for tree decorating supplies. While heading to the checkout I spotted a display for "collector's" holiday Coke bottles. My mind immediately said cache container.

We were hosting a 12-13-14 event, and I wanted to hide the container as a cache published for the event. I made an ornament hanger and stripped a lip balm container for the log to make the container.

With a Geocaching sticker on the bottom, we were ready for the hide.

Up close the container is readily visible.

About 15 feet away on the trail it is much less obvious.

I hope Santa was kind to all of you and your new year is happy, healthy, and filled with wonderful caches.

No comments: