"When you go to hide a cache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot.
If the only reason is for the cache, then find a better spot."
.... Briansnat

Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Geo-Wedding


I had the privilege recently of publishing an upcoming geo-wedding. The bride and the groom later contacted me to ask if there had been other geo-weddings before. I went back and looked at old events and this is what I found.

The first geo-wedding event was published in 2003 and was held in Montana.

There have been thirteen geo-wedding events held with ten of those in the US (MT, PA, WA, WI(2), IN, CA, MO, and VA(2)).

The upcoming one will be the first in Ohio.

Except for 2005, there's been one or two geo-weddings each year. The upcoming one will be the first for 2012. Since this is a published event, it is open to all geocachers. I think no control over the "guest" list has limited the number of these published. You have to be really close to your fellow cachers to invite everyone to your wedding. I wonder if there will ever be a mega geo-wedding...

Here's to much happiness for the couple. May their finds be plenty and their dnf's few.

No comments: