"When you go to hide a cache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot.
If the only reason is for the cache, then find a better spot."
.... Briansnat

Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Badge Magic

I really like Garmin E-Trex units. The size is perfect for holding in my hand, and they are easy to use. Eventually they all have one big problem, the band on the edge gets loose and will eventually come off the unit. Using a wide rubber band, I have taken preventive action with both my Vista HCx and my very old Legend C, my Waymarking gps.


A while back a fellow local cacher had mentioned Badge Magic as a means to re-attach bands. Some scouts use Badge Magic to attach badges to their uniforms. We were recently at a local store hunting for ammo cans when I noticed they had a scout section and asked if they had Badge Magic. I was a bit surprised to see it was a sheet of adhesive.


The Legend C was in poor shape with the band loose on both long sides. Without the rubber-band, it would have failed a long time ago. The good news is Badge Magic worked perfectly! The band is now snug and ready for some Waymarking.

1 comment:

Erika Jean said...

I'll ave to pass this on to a couple people - and probably someday myself!