"When you go to hide a cache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot.
If the only reason is for the cache, then find a better spot."
.... Briansnat

Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

3 August 2004 North Chagrin Giant's Bench Cache


I started this blog with the plan of posting events chronologically. Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed. While I was frantically trying to recover my images, I found photos from our first cache find. I didn't remember taking them and had no idea they existed so something really great came from the crashed drive.

I bought Ali a gps in 2002 for off trail hiking at Pinancles in California. She's a map fiend so this seemed like a great extension of that hobby. It was two years later before I saw an article in a Pennsylvaina paper describing geocaching. This cache was very close to our home in the North Chagrin Reservation of Cleveland Metroparks. We actually visited the cache on July 29, but our log is for August 3rd. It only took one cache in the woods for me to be hooked. I think Ali was rolling her eyes at this point. We always make a point to travel around each year to find the Cleveland Metroparks caches. we had a lot of fun on a nice evening walk to this cache. Little did we know at the time how much geocaching would enrich our lives.

No comments: